Supporting local, national and global film production
CAFF encourages and supports local, national and global film production and looks forward to providing fun and meaningful experiences for amateur and professional filmmakers. As a cultural organization, CAFF seeks to enrich the film experience for both the audience and the filmmakers. CAFF believes that Canadian films and filmmakers are unique and imperative to our culture. Through proper educational and fun activities, CAFF seeks to create awareness and develop a whole new generation of cineastes for our local and national cinema. CAFF aims to do this through exclusive promotions, celebrations, festivals, showcasing films and other film-based activities.
We are committed to provide educational activities through year-round seminars, workshops, exhibitions, intel talks, professional lectures and Q&A sessions along with other alternatives to classroom learning. These activities complement and support the artistic process and lead to positive social and cultural development in our society.
Involving the local business community
CAFF seeks to involve the local business community and make them true partners in this process of social change and well being. CAFF encourages diversity and is committed to treat all communities and citizens with respect, dignity and welcomes individuals and organizations from all backgrounds.
- Support and promote film production in the community.
- Foster and support the amateur and professional filmmakers through educational activities, networking, events & workshops.
- Nurture Alberta’s creative minds and storytellers and celebrate the young blood by welcoming and showcasing new ideas from the future masters of this art form.
- Highly encourage, promote and present culturally diverse notional films.
- Build a bridge between the local business and art community and help nurture the economy by attracting more tourists through cultural, educational and artistic activities all year round.
- Support and educate on accessibility film and highlight feature works with accessible options.
- Encourage volunteerism in the community and cultivate a high level of confidence in young artists by showcasing their work alongside established artists.
- Support film and media students through networking events, awards and internship opportunities.
- Connect artists, filmmakers and audiences with post screening Q&A sessions, panel talks and film debates open to students, film, film critics and the general public.
While CAFF is the celebration of art and artistic values, the approach is imbued with social responsibility to create and sustain healthy and positive living within the community.
FUTURE FOCUS: PROVIDING A FILM INSTITUTE FOR
The long term aim of CAFF moving forward will be to provide a film institute for aspiring filmmakers to come to learn the skills required to be active participants in the local film industry. Some of the areas that will be pursued will be: writing skills, acting for screen, directing, auditioning, makeup for screen, training in lighting, sound and other technical aspects of filming, stage directing and post production editing, green screen editing, project funding and much, much more.